Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Reel One: Now that school is chugging away for the summer, I can carve out time to complete a couple of projects that have been simmering. The focus this week is on a chapter I was asked to submit for a Whedon project that Syracuse University Press will be publishing. The draft has gone through its first pass with the editors and my task now is to revise. I'm always amazed at the things that my editors/readers pick up. This is a project that is close to my heart and one I'm very pleased to be associated with and when I started going through the corrected draft, I was shocked (let me say that again - shocked) at some of the errors. Sigh. To me, it's proof that far too much was on my plate when I constructed that draft. The corrected version will be the Bionic Man of chapters - stronger, faster, smarter. It's always a little hard to take that first look at the comments, but you just can't have too much of an ego if you want to be part of a collection.

Reel Two: Over at the Rewatch, Buffy continues her first semester of college. This week has three outstanding episodes - a funny, a horrible, and a heartbreaker. It's a bit of a roller coaster. Do check it out (the "Battle Royale" between those who like the incredibly divisive episode "Beer Bad" and those who think it a travesty is especially interesting. Note that FryDaddy and I have a tongue-in-cheek back and forth about that. [Now THERE's a hashed metaphor for you!]). The picture at the top of the post is from "Beer Bad," which is a lot of fun to bash around, but don't overlook the commentary on the other two this week.

Coming Soon: Hopefully, a report that the revised draft of the Whedon chapter has been completed. Certainly there will be a reveal at UC-Sunnydale about those commando guys.

No comments: